Monday, April 6, 2009

Worst economy in how many years?

I'm about to be unemployed. One month from today, I will leave the lap of luxury (y'know, the $10/hour one where I make less than an unemployment check?), and be without work. It's not for lack of trying. Oh god, there has been trying. I'm applying for anything and everything I can find, but with 150-1400 people competing for single positions, the odds are a teeny bit stacked against me. And many others. The 149-1399 others for each and every job. I'm getting rejection letters like Miley Cyrus must get fan mail. So, knowing that finding "regular" employment ain't gonna happen anytime soon (especially if I talk like that!), I'm striking out on my own. Sort of.

Enter Stella & Dot. It's a direct-sales jewelry line, which means that I'm technically a small-business owner, working for myself, but get some hand-holding (and someone else is responsible for the creative genius part). Stella & Dot is a pretty fabulous jewelry line, one with prices just about anyone can afford. So, I'll be hosting parties and selling online, in the hope that July rent can be paid. We're good on rent till then (thank goodness), but after that, well, you know what happens. Landlords don't like people who don't pay rent.

If you need a little sparkle in your life, some retail therapy, or want to get some friends together and have a party and try on jewels, cruise on over!

1 comment:

Jenny Grace said...

I have every intention of posting about this on my shopping site, I just have to yknow...DO IT.

If you sent me a remindering email to my blog email addy (grace at missdisgrace dot com), I'd be more likely to remember :)