Friday, January 11, 2008

Worst Credit Card Company EVER!

A piece of advice: don't EVER do business with Barclay's Bank, aka Juniper Bank. These companies (or this company?) operates Frontier Airlines' mastercards. I lover Frontier, but the bank they have chosen SUCKS. I signed up for the card to get miles (I fly Frontier to Austin a whole bunch), and for the 0% interest on balance transfers. I transferred $3,000 to the card, and since I did so about three months ago, I have paid and paid and paid, both monetarily and stress-wise for doing it. Random, inexplicable fees keep showing up. The latest, a $46 finance charge. I call. I'm supposed to have 0% on balance transfers and that's the ONLY thing on the card. I've never used it for a purchase. No, not a cash advance either. So the lady keeps making stuff up. Maybe it's this? No, maybe this? Hmmm, let me put you on hold for a LONG time.
Before, I had two big fees show up that I couldn't explain, so I called and the guy told me that it was Wachovia's fault and he couldn't refund the money because it was a Wachovia charge. Mind you, my bank is NOT Wachovia, and the credit card is not operated by Wachovia. So why is Wachovia suddenly charging me $40 through Juniper Bank? Who knows. I only got that refunded because I spend hours on the phone talking to "supervisors." So far, it has cost me about $150 (or is it $200?) just to have this card, so I could save money on interest. That idea DID NOT WORK, and now I'm going to have to pay the fees to transfer the balances back to the cards they were on, pay interest on the debt again, and maybe cry. This has been one expensive money-saving venture. And I'm still on hold.

No comments: