Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hillary Clinton, February 14

As I have made abundantly clear [I think], I am a Hillary supporter. There are lots of reasons, but in case you need one or two: she is the only candidate [ONLY] who indicates precisely how she will pay for every policy or program that she intends to implement, and she has acknowledged the import of a number of issues that are important to me, personally, including abatement of greenhouse gas emissions in this country and an attempt to re-enter Kyoto [I know it's not perfect or even the best attempt, but let's talk for a moment about the Asia-Pacific Partnership-oh wait, nevermind], affordability of higher education which includes aid to those of us who will have finished, so I'll still benefit as I enter the public interest domain and make a pittance with giant loans hanging over my head, I could go on but this is one hell of a run-on, dragged-out sentence. My problem[s] with Obama stems from the fact that I'm not sure exactly what he stands for, other than hope and change. While I think that this country could use a bunch of both, I'd like to know exactly what I'm hoping for and what change I can expect to see [and how it will be funded, let's remember there's no such thing as a free lunch]. The whole point is that I want her to be nominated as the Democratic candidate, and it's scary how close the race is and even scarier how Obama is pulling ahead. What all of this has lead to is that the gremlin is back. The gremlin is a nasty stomach thing that means mine eats itself because it doesn't know when to stop digesting, and this hurts. A lot. So now, I can't drink margaritas or red wine [and if it gets any worse, any alcohol]. So lets just select Clinton as our nominee, and the gremlin can go away. Also, I don't think it would be so bad [read: I think it'd be GREAT!] to have Bill back in the White House. C'mon, those were the days...

1 comment:

Jenny Grace said...

I realize that I'm the person you're frustrated with in this campaign, but c'mon, their principals AREN'T THAT DIFFERENT, and I just *like* Obama more.

BTW I got your message, I was working in Idaho at the time, and I've been playing catchup ever since. I'll call you this weekend prolly.

And also btw, I got a postcard from Cody too!