Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Obama's "Change"

So you know how Obama's campaign is all about "change we can believe in?" And how those of us who believe in Hillary are critical of it for being empty? I keep waiting for him to say what that change entails, and tonight I got my answer. While speaking to San Antonio, TX, Obama said that Hillary and McCain criticize the promise as empty, but that in fact, it was a change that came from the people. So it's not an empty promise, it's one he didn't even come up with himself. He took it from the people, and then still couldn't even fill in the blanks of what "change" means. I know the time may come (very soon, even) when I have to rally behind him because he is the nominee. So I am trying to like him more. But I'm liking him less, because he is sitting there, on the tv in front of me, proclaiming the same, empty promise of change. Again, Obama, I ask you: how will you pay for your programs? How will you ensure that ALL Americans get insurance, if you don't make it mandatory? How do you plan to withdraw from Iraq? What do you plan to do about the subprime mortgage crisis? And so on. I can answer ALL of these questions definitively for Hillary.

At least he is saying we have to do *something* about climate change. "We hope, we believe, yes we can." That's a direct quote.

No comments: