Friday, July 11, 2008

Impending Weekend

I've been bad about posting because all I do is stress about not having a job (and trying to find one, which I spend many hours doing). As it turns out, there is nothing interesting in the NYT for me to add either, which doesn't help matters.
BUT, it's Friday, and I'm having a cocktail party tomorrow! I know you're dying to know, so I'll reprint my menu here:
  • Portable caprese salad
  • Rumaki
  • Warm goat cheese on toasted baguette with bread crumbs and olive oil
  • Bruschetta, with my homemade tapenade
  • Little pizza bianca
  • Cosmopolitans
See, now I bet you wish you could come. It's going to be Loki's coming out party...
I got a kitten two weeks ago, so that makes things vveeerrryy interesting around the house. His name is Loki, and he is a charmer/total terror (or, perhaps, "contriver of all fraud?").

'Tis not the best photo of the li'l guy, but the rest are being held hostage on my camera (until I get around to uploading them, I'm VERY lazy about this). Lucy's not nuts about him, although she has started doing this thing where she pins him down while he cries and licks him, and I think it's some kind of mothering-type activity (I hope). Otherwise, they wrestle, or fight, if you're not as optimistic as I am about their relationship.
That's about all the news I have. I have to get home and tend to my raging kitten and his less-than-thrilled-about-the-baby fellow cat. Aren't you so jealous of my life? Unemployed with cats?

No comments: