Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Looking...this time for a new place to live

After the job search that would never end (really it's just suspended, and I'll work for $10/hour part-time in the mean time), I'm now on to the next search--this time for a new place to call home. We had to terminate the contract on our condo for a whole host of reasons, but I CANNOT live in a crappy apartment with no dishwasher, a/c, washer/dryer, or closet space any longer. Our pantry and our linen closet and our storage closet are the same thing. One closet, about 18" wide and 24" deep, has to fit food, cleaning supplies, and miscellany. There is one drawer in the kitchen. It holds our silverware. Everything else goes on the countertop. The only counter space is occupied by the dish dry rack, so you have to move that to cook. The sink isn't divided, so you can't dry dishes on one side of the sink instead. It gets to be around 95 degrees in the summer months. The bathroom is through the kitchen, which means from the bedroom you cross past the front door, the living room, and through the kitchen to get there. Given that I'm about to have a JD, I think I'm ready for more commitment. Like with a dishwasher. I lust after dishwashers, to the point that people who have them think I'm going to sexually assault theirs. Wish me luck, and look out, dishwashers of Boulder.

Miss Grace: Remember Pardall? I think this is more poorly equipped. Even when you consider the neighbors and that eensy shower.

3 comments:

Jenny Grace said...

Really? Even when you consider the homeless people that took up residence in our laundry room and the squishy spot in the floor? I guess there was at least room for food in the kitchen...

I have a dishwasher...it's nice.

And a washer/dryer.

Okay now I'm just bragging.

Skye @ Planet Jinxatron said...

Hi there, Skye here from BlogHerAds. I tried emailing you but I fear my email has ended up in your spam folder. Drop me a line when you get a chance? Thanks!

skye at blogher dot com

Hayley said...

You forgot to mention that you also live with 2 cats...