Monday, January 19, 2009

Busy times

In the last month, I graduated from law school, went to Crested Butte and Texas (spraining my ankle and tearing ligaments in between trips), moved, started a new job, and started studying for the bar. Bar review really, really sucks. What with trying to get accustomed to the new job and get moved in, plus that nagging wedding planning business, bar review, which should be a full-time affair, really isn't even close. Eight hours a week is a surefire way to fail. But studying for the thing sucks way more than law school did. I need: (A) more time in a day; (B) more weeks in January; and (C) the bar exam to be anytime good and later than the end of February. That's not too much to ask, is it?

Oh, and I went snowboarding this morning. My still-not-totally-healed ankle wasn't really thrilled, especially after Jazzercise yesterday. But it was such a beautiful day, I couldn't resist!

4 comments:

Jenny Grace said...

Are you working full time now?

Paris N. said...

No. I'm working 24 hours a week (though hopefully considerably less the next four weeks until the damned bar). I make an average of about $800 a month, which is almost enough to live on. Or something.

ecolassie said...

youre getting married! thats amazing!

give me your address please!!

Paris N. said...

Miss Lady Jay: email me at paris.lumb@gmail.com, and I'll happily send my address. I just don't want to put it up here for all the crazies to see...
I hope you're well! You should plan a trip to the states for my wedding, because you're invited!