Thursday, September 13, 2007

I have an opinion...

When I am looking at a concert lineup for a festival at Red Rocks, and I click on a band's link, if that link takes me to MySpace, that band is instantly fired. Discounted from being a potentially ok band. If you want to be a legit band, get a real damn website. MySpace is for pedophiles and people with nothing to do (yes, I have an account), not for legitimate business. Hmmm, maybe I can make it big as a lawyer with my MySpace account. Seriously. I thought maybe this band from the UK would be fun and new and exciting, but now I will never know, because I can't check them out. Because their "website" is a MySpace page.

Editor's Note: So it turns out that I was wrong about this particular band. The band is called The Editors, and they rock, and they DO have a real website. Red Rocks just thought that viewers would prefer the MySpace link (why, I ask you, why?!?). However, my above opinion still holds for those bands with MySpace pages only.

No comments: