Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Asperger's

As a psychology major and psychology graduate student in a past life, I retain a great fascination with all things psych-related, particularly in the field of abnormal psychology. Asperger's, and it's parent diagnosis of autism, have been making great strides in their public awareness, helped out by the media. Here is an article about a gorgeous contestant on "America's Top Model" who is an "Aspie," and I am posting it to help this awareness campaign, and also because I love reading stories like this. If you don't know much about Asperger's, the article gives some background, and also mentions a book by Augusten Burroughs brother John Robison about growing up with the disorder that I would recommend (though I must admit, it's still on order from Amazon, so I haven't read it).

1 comment:

wrongshoes said...

I've read the book and really enjoyed it. Just found your blog and wanted to say hello.