Sunday, December 30, 2007

Belize it!

Did you miss me? I'm in Belize, and I think I might stay. San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize. Gorgeous, with turquoise oceans and lots of beach. I snorkeled with nurse sharks, manta rays, moray eels, barracudas, sea turtles, and lots of pretty fishes. I have eaten a ton of marine life, and it's all deliciously fresh. The rum punch is to die for, and parasailing made me feel like all of my cares in the world could just eff-off, I was so content. We took a tour of Mayan ruins at Lamanai, and they were stunning, not to mention the wildlife. Tons of howler monkeys, which have earned their name rightfully by sounding like someone is strangling a lion into a microphone. I saw a baby crocodile, a bird called alternately the jesus christ bird and the feminist bird, and a tree chicken (big iguana). If I die today, I will die happy. If you're lucky, I'll write more about my trip, but if not, at least you know why I haven't been such a computer slave. Now, off to drink more rum punch...

No comments: