Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Puppy Mills, my kitty

Popular in the media, here is an article about the rich and famous getting their dogs, via an expensive Bel-Air retailer, from puppy mills. I hope this raises awareness, because I am surprised to know many people who know nothing about puppy mills and the deplorable conditions therein. EVERYONE should get their puppies and kitties from their local humane society, or at the very least from a local, knowledgeable, hobby breeder (who knows about inbreeding and health, but who doesn't breed 100s of puppies or kitties that then need homes. I have the world's greatest kitty, her name is Lucy, we got her when she was 6 from the Humane Society of Boulder Valley. I didn't even like cats before Lucy, and now I think she's the greatest pet ever. Also, we got an older cat, and that means we didn't have to go through all the training. That was reason enough not to get a kitten. So, that's my plug for shelter pets.

No comments: