Thursday, October 4, 2007

re: Bush's veto of Child Healthcare

Congress wanted to spend $35 billion on health care for poor children, and in vetoing that, Bush said that he is "more than willing to sit down with the leaders and [find more money]" if it is needed. Specifically, he said he'd give $5 billion over the next 5 years. Which is almost "a little more money." Except that it's actually less. A lot less. And in my world, less does not equal more. Not in dollars, anyway. I think this could be good reasoning, though, because I could go to Nordstrom and tell them I want those $245 Blinde sunglasses, and I'll even give them a little more for them, say $50. Total. Because in this new way of thinking, $50 is more than $245. And I've really been wanting to start shopping at Chanel but could never afford it before. Now that more money = calculating 1/7 the stated cost and running with it, I can be the designer dud wearing girl I've always wanted to be. This sounds like fun! I'm going shopping, armed with Bush's unflappable logic.

P.S. Congress has vowed to override the veto, and while I do want to be able to shop at Chanel, this bill needs to pass and I hope it does. Sometimes, you gotta take one for the team. Which means that today my team is comprised of poor uninsured kids. I'm okay with that.

P.P.S.: A great quote from the article: "My job is a decision-making job, and as a result, I make a lot of decisions."

No comments: