Monday, April 14, 2008

I need a job

Two months ago I told my bosses that I would be graduating in December. Both indicated informally that they would very much like to hire me, and I know that I'm a favorite there. So, I figured I had a job post-graduation, especially since they didn't bother to get back to me more formally for two months, and everyone NEEDS A JOB. Today, boss #1 calls me into his office to say, "We can't afford to hire you when you graduate. But we really really like you and wish we could. Also, please do all of this sh** before the event tomorrow." I agreed to work for the place all summer on the assumption that I'D HAVE A JOB when I graduate. Because in the law world, the place you work in the summer is the place you usually work when you graduate, as they've tested you out. Now, I have a summer job and therefore can't get "tested" by another place that might actually hire me. Did I mention that I'll be graduating with a mortgage? That I have to pay each month? "Adam mentioned to us that he'd want to work here a year and a half ago." I didn't work for the place a year and a half ago, so how could I have mentioned it to them then that I would want to stay on after graduation?

No comments: